28th January 2021 –
FEE: MK150,000 -Meals Inclusive
ONLINE FEE: MK100,000
Every employee knows that one day they will retire from employment, yet the majority of staff members including senior Government Officers reach retirement age unprepared and unwilling to retire. Given a chance, most people would rather work right into their old age.
Lack of financial planning education hinders employees from knowing what they should be doing during employment in order to have peace of mind while working and to have a happy retirement at the end. They simply spectate leaving their retirement planning to be done by their employer entirely. Failing to plan for retirement is detrimental, actually, some people have died instantly from the shock of receiving the retirement letter and some have instantly developed heart diseases and blood pressure leading to an early death.
Real poverty sticks even people that lived a high profile life while in employment. But all these can be avoided with good retirement planning skills that enable people to steadily accumulate a good retirement package from multiple investments gradually during the employment period. Staff Development Institute (SDI) in partnership with Sycamore Consult Limited has organized one-day training where experts with hands-on
experience on retirement planning methods will share tips on how one can plan successfully and live a happy life in retirement.
“How you invest during retirement is as critical as how you invest in preparing for retirement. Things are never as simple and automatic as they once may have been — you worked hard, saved, and then sat back and collected your benefits. You can’t rely on someone else coming up with the cash you’ll need once you stop working.” -Daniel R. Solin
BENEFITS OF TRAINING TO EMPLOYERS
Having employees that are planning well for their retirement will contribute positively to the
organization as follows:
- Motivated workforce due to peace of mind and goal alignment resulting in high productivity.
- Reduced cases of fraud and corruption due to proper planning of personal finance.
- Good corporate image as a result of retired employees being a happy life after retirement.
- High caliber employees as the companies are able to attract quality candidate due to good staff.
- Great customer service resulting from happy employees with peace of mind Employee retention which will lead to a reduction in new employee training costs.
- Tax benefits reducing the amount of income taxes payable.
- Safeguard property and assets: Without a plan for retirement, people may be compelled to liquidate their assets to support their lifestyle, retirement planning helps to build.
- Benefit from the returns on reinvestment: compounding effect: allows the employer to pay the employee a large amount as a result of compound interest.
BENEFITS TO EMPLOYEES
- Get control of their retirement package
- Peace of mind, no stress, and high productivity
- Prevents early death and stress-related diseases
- Prevents poverty you have enough money to live on during retirement
- Avoids panic planning or no planning at all
- Benefits from compound interest principle
- Knowledge of how to use the lump sum retirement benefit
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
➢ Everyone will retire one day and everyone should attend,
➢ new and old employees,
➢ junior as well as senior employees
➢ those close to retirement
➢ those far from retirement
➢ Both physical classroom training and
➢ Live streaming for online attendees
➢ Practical examples
➢ Participant’s participation
Audrey Mwala: The Retirement Planning Formula
Dumisani Ncube: Creating Financial Independence: Key to Retirement Planning
John R. Kamanga: Securing the Future Through Present Informed Financial Decisions
Stain Singo: Securing Your Tomorrow With Insurance Policies